VFW National Home for Children
• Join the VFW National Home for Children family
• Become a Life Member or an Associate Life Member and create a lasting bond between yourself and the mission of the National Home.
• There are two types of membership:
• 1) VFW and VFW Auxiliary members and organizations are eligible to become Life Members. Life Members may vote for the trustees who represent their National Home District and approve any proposed changes to our bylaws and articles of incorporation.
• 2) Any individual or organization wishing to support the National Home’s mission can become an Associate Life Member. Associate Life Members do not have voting privileges. • • Both member types receive a membership certificate and wallet card.
• Life Member Pins can also be purchased for an additional $5.
From the Chaplain’s Pen …………………………………...................…..Chaplain Al Lowe
Welcome to July and all that is involved with this month. As I figure it, it was 1776, 242 years past, that the Colonies adopted and signed the Declaration of Independence. This is a unique day, not because it is Tuesday, or the first week of July. But it was literally the birth of a Nation. Now the birth of a nation in and of itself was then and now not so unique. In some areas of the world, a new nation is born or destroyed nearly every month. But this was different.
From the sixty or so colonies in the “New World,” thirteen came together and declared their freedom from the oppression of taxation without representation from Mother England. It would take a war, the dissolvement of the Confederation, and the development of the Constitution for the United States to be able to stand on its own and walk forward.
And this is what we celebrate. Our working and alive Constitution begins with “We the people…”. We all have a right and responsibility to the events of the late 18th century bringing us to today.
VFWs across Texas celebrate in many ways. District 14, Post 4008 participates in the Belton 4th of July Parade. We decorate a float and get a bunch of veterans to ride on it down Main Street and in front of the Court House, a living display of what a living and responsible of a union of people might require.
Celebrate the entire month. Celebrate smartly and carefully. Know that for which you celebrate. And keep in mind those who have given their life for our opportunity to celebrate.
See you down range!
Bible Verse Of The Month
Matthew, Chapter 22, Verse 37
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord
thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind"
To See Post Calendar for July 2017 - Click Here
Continue to be respectful to all. This is our Post and many have worked long and hard to ensure the enjoyment of all. Continue to help and take care of the Canteen workers and show your Generosity to them. Follow the rules and enforce them for the betterment of all. Thanks for the article on the next page. Please put your articles in the RED folder in the Canteen and I will pick them up weekly. This month's article is out of the VA Newsletter and a letter from a member.
(Click Too See Page 3)